Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter - Ode to the Nave/Kittle Family

We went to Easter Saturday church this year which was really nice!  Our church started a Saturday service in March and we have gone a few times and really like going on Saturday's!  On Sunday morning we slept in (as much as I am sleeping in these days....) and had a calm morning with a yummy breakfast.  We were invited to go to Holly's moms for Easter lunch.  The first time we ate Easter with them was 4 years ago (pretty sure) and it's kind of been a tradition since.  Dianne (Holly's mom) is a wonderful cook and she takes amazing care of Gray and I!  She's our Ringgold, GA mom and Dukers Ringgold, GA grandmommy. At her house and with Eric and Holly we just feel like family, I love it!  I have learned at her house nothing is off limits at the dinner table which has turned out to be pretty funny!  Dianne just makes Gray and I laugh so hard, she's hilarious!

It's so nice to have family to call on when you don't have real family around.  Dianne, Eric and Holly have been that for Gray and I in Ringgold!  I would like to think that we help them too, but I think it's more of a take than a give on our end of this relationship!  We check in with each other and that's totally my kind of personality!  I love to have someone to check in with and to be checked on!  I appreciate them so much and am proud to call them my Ringgold family! 

Just to make everyone jealous here's what Dianne does for us....walks Ross during the week while we are at work, buys him treats so she can give him one everyday, makes us dinner at her house and ocassionally drops of a meal in our fridge, (note: we aren't talking about a normal dinner here people, we are talking food for days!), in the summers provides a pool for us to lounge by, takes us out for birthday dinners!  I know there's more but that is all in the fore front of my mind right now! I was telling a friend about Dianne not very long ago and she said, "she does all that for you?!"  With a huge smile I replied, "yes!"  :)

While our house has been for sale Eric and Holly and Dianne have been great helping us with Ross and there have been a few times that Eric and Holly have come home and Ross has just been at their house! It's nice to have neighbors that you have a key to their house (and they have a key to ours) and we know if we ever need anything we can just go and get it....regardless if the other is home or if you are able to get a hold of them! 

I hope I have shown my love for them!  I do love them, our Ringgold, GA family!!!!

I have a few pics I will post when I'm able to get on my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment