Saturday, April 23, 2011

37 weeks, part II

So, I totally forgot to mention in my previous post about being 37 weeks and why it was a big week!  It was a big week pregnancy related because I'm 37 weeks along but there was a lot more going on in the Ange house as well!

After several long days of going back and forth with another couple, we have a contract on our house!  We spent most of the time going back and forth about closing date (should've spent more time on the $$$ side too...these people are getting a STEAL)!  Our (first) final agreement was to close on May 31st.  This was absolutely horrible for Gray and I, I would have a 3 1/2 week old baby and this seemed truly unfathomable.  At the same time, we had a contract on our house we have spent almost 6 months on the market we had to take what we could get.  I dreaded telling anyone that I know well what our closing date was because anyone with sense that cares about me and my sanity knows that May 31st is horrible timing!  I did have some people (Debs) give me stern and fair warnings about my body and what I couldn't do to help during this time.  I totally agreed and basically Gray and I agreed he would have to do everything and I would just have to relinquish control....yeah....that's the worst part for me.  I even decided that I would probably need to just leave our house with Nolan and spend the day somewhere else on moving day so I wouldn't be "tempted" to give my opinion (aka - take control)!!  Don't misunderstand me, Gray is MORE than capable of pulling this operation off...I just seem to have some control issues.  Side note:  this statement is not to be used against me at a later time, I'm admitting it...get off my back!!  :)

Well, in true God form, He stepped in and saved the day!  The day after we signed the paperwork to close on May 31st (and a somewhat sleepless night) I was at work and got a text from our realtor.  She said we weren't going to believe it but the people checked with their landlord and their lease wasn't up until June 22nd and they would pay a penalty if they left early so closing had to be moved to June 22nd!!!!!  How AMAZING is that?!!  Gray and I had truly been praying during the week and really struggled with our initial closing date and God worked it out COMPLETELY!  What's ironic is at one point in negotiations, the buyer had offered to close on May 27th but let us rent until June 15th.  The next day they came back and said they checked with their landlord and he said they couldn't rent until the middle of the month that's when we settled on the May 31st closing date.  The people (I assume) lied about talking to their landlord because if they had, they would've found out about their lease agreement and known before we did all the paperwork the first time that they couldn't close on May 31st.  Although that is a little frustrating, Gray and I are just so thrilled that the date worked out and it was even beyond what we originally had thought or planned with these people!  God totally stepped in and took care of the situation!  We are so thankful!  During this week, we were doing devotions and one of them was about peace and just praying for God's peace.  We prayed for peace and came to terms with a ridiculous closing date...but God took care of us!  This showed me more than ever that God is into the details of our lives, I'm excited!!

Obviously, there are still a lot of things to be worked out with this contract but I feel like God is completely in control!  There is so much going on and so much I could stress over but for now I'm going to relax and know that God is in control, not me!

1 comment:

  1. yay! how incredibly awesome! God is good!

    Congrats on getting your house sold!

    ReplyDelete