Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby Shower - Part II

My awesome friends Emily, Melissa and Leah banned together to give Nolan and I such a sweet shower!  They out-did themselves with decor and food!  Emily had asked me about foods I would like and my only request was that we have regular size cups (I'm thirsty, people) and the more food the merrier...of course!  I was so blessed by all the people who came and are excited about Nolan's arrival.  On the way to the shower I was feeling so excited to see all the people that mean so much to Gray and I and have prayed diligently for us to have Nolan!  The morning started out hectic because someone wanted to see our house that day and there was just a lot to get done before the shower started.  As shower guests arrived I was so excited and there were so many people there (several traveled a long way to come) and I know I just didn't "work the room" well because there were quite a few people there!  After we all went through the food table people went around and said how they knew me.  I just began to cry!  I was surrounded by so many wonderful women who have walked the journey with me, this shower was more than about welcoming Nolan....it was about God answering our prayers to be parents!  Thank you to everyone who made this day SO SPECIAL for me! 

My other wonderful friend, Holly, offered to be the official photographer for the day!  I love how she captured so many of the details around Emily's house!
Me with the hostess' - Emily, Melissa and Leah

Diaper Wreath (I am going to bring this to the hospital to put on our room door!!) Such cute details - spoons, burp cloths, toys!


Chocolate Fountain = Awesome


They had a book for everyone to sign to Nolan, the book is On the Night You Were Born.  I can't wait to read it to Nolan when he comes!

The spread

How wonderful are people?! 


Kate, Mary, Margaret, Marcus (sleeping), Allison and I.  My FL cousins!!

My mom bought the whale pillow sham and sheet for Nolan's room!  Thanks, mom!

My Mother-In-Law and I

Dianne (Ringgold, GA mom and Ross Duke's GA Grandmommy), Holly, Debs

Me with the 2 soon-to-be Grandmas!      


I can't say thank you enough to all the people who came to help us celebrate and welcome Nolan!  I love you ladies!! There are several other blogs dedicated to Nolan's shower too:  Tracy's, Emily's, and Holly's thanks for the blog-love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment