Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Break!

Gray and I had such a great spring break!  This is the first time I have stayed home during spring break and it was wonderful!  We hung out at home and got quite a bit of stuff done around the house and errands run that we needed to take care of.  We drove to Dawsonville to the outlets one day.  I was so excited because they have such great stores!  Between Gray and I, all we bought were several gifts and clothes for Nolan!  Welcome to the rest of your life Gray and Sara.  :)  It was funny though because we were just as thrilled looking and buying for Nolan as we were for ourselves!  We really haven't shopped and actually bought for Nolan until now so it was so fun!  We got some cute little summer outfits for him and a few to have in a few months!

The highlight of my week was cashing in on a Christmas present that Gray had gotten for me, a spa day!!  At Christmas he gave me a gift certificate to Hair Benders where I get my hair cut.  The gift certificate included:  massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, hair cut and color.  It was AMAZING!  If you redeem everything on the same day they will get lunch for you and you have lunch between the pampering sessions!  I think the massage was my favorite, my legs feel like I've been running a marathon.  If carrying a child and walking constitutes as a marathon then I just finished the race and won first place!!!  My "hinges" (for you Jake, really my hip flexors) have been killing me lately.  The rest of the day was equally as wonderful and peaceful!  I was kind of worried I may get antsy and feel like I needed to get out and do something.  Throughout the day I just reminded myself that wasn't my time to think about what I needed to get done at home it was a day to relax and that was what I was going to do!  I absolutely LOVED every minute of it, well done G-luv!

Gray's week consisted of getting buff for Nolan's arrival and beating old men at racquetball!  I think he really enjoyed his hours time he got to spend at the gym!  I am just so thankful he's feeling good that he can do all of that, we are both thankful and praying he continues to feel good for Nolan's arrival and the first few weeks of our time with Nolan!  If you think about it and want to pray for us, that's definitely an area we could use some prayer in!

We are back to the grind on Monday.  I only have 3 weeks of work then my maternity leave starts!  I have a lot to do in these 3 weeks, but I am so excited I know it will fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment