Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Last Day...

Our last day as a family of 2 (3 if you count Ross!) was not anything like we planned but still a good day!  Gray had been planning on just working a 1/2 day and had a sub lined up.  When the tornadoes hit and we were out of school Thursday, Friday and Monday he definitely reconsidered and thought about just working the full day on Tuesday (5/3).  We are both so glad that he just kept his sub and worked 1/2 day!  I have gotten sick over the past 2 days and when I saw Dr. Newman yesterday she gave me a shot and a 1 day z-pac (called z-max) and she also gave me a prescription to give to Gray so he won't get sick either.  I was really thankful when she offered to treat us both.  The bad news, the treatment kind of back-fired on Gray!  After we researched today, the medicine is very hard on your gastro-intestinal system...which would explain why he was up until 3 am last night before with awful stomach pains!  I didn't have stomach pains but just couldn't sleep and part of it probably had to do with the fact I am sick and I couldn't breathe out of my nose and my throat was so dry and hurt, I just hurt!

I had saved several errands to run today thinking today would be my last day of freedom and I could get stuff done!  Well, a night before of no sleep and feeling pretty bad didn't work in my favor.  The only thing I did end up doing was going and getting a manicure/pedicure which I do rate that in the necessity category! :)  When Gray got home from school we ate some lunch and tried to take a nap.  I was so worn out but couldn't sleep...I did rest for a little while though which my body definitely needed!  Gray was able to sleep for a short period of time then he went to Wal-Mart for me with a small list of a few things  I needed. 

Other things just didn't get done but it's definitely not the end of the world.  I am leaving my house not quite as clean as I would like it, but Nolan isn't going to know if our master bathroom was scrubbed, is he?!  Like I said, not my ideal day but I should know better (from past experiences) than to assume that everything will go exactly how I have it in my head!  :)

I say all that to say, Gray and I couldn't be more excited to welcome Nolan Edward into our family tomorrow!!  We just can't believe it's here!  We kept saying all day today, "this time tomorrow we'll have Nolan!"  We think Ross has a clue because he's been extra sweet and clingy to us the last few days!  He knows he's not going to be #1 around here....poor guy!!  Gray and I feel so blessed and honored to become parents in less than 24 hours!!  It just feels very surreal!  I'm really hoping to feel better tomorrow but I'm also hoping Dr. Newman will pump me with some new drugs along with all the other standard c-section meds I will be getting!  I REALLY want to feel great and enjoy my first day as a mom!!  Gray is really wanting the same for himself, he has taken it very light on the food today and he's hoping his stomach will cooperate tomorrow!

If you think about us, pray for us!  This is such an exciting time for Gray and I, we don't want other things to overshadow the biggest day for us and our marriage as we welcome Nolan!! We couldn't be more excited/anxious/nervous at the same time!  We are going into uncharted territory for both of us! 
Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment