Thursday, January 27, 2011

The ROC

Gray and I had the follow-up appointment this morning at The ROC (Regional Obstetrician's Center - High Risk Dr's).  I hadn't thought much about the appointment or worried about it.  Until last night I started worrying myself a little and thought, "what if I go into this not worried and get blind-sided by something?"  My fears were fleeting, I think it's normal to feel that way but I'm glad I didn't totally let myself get worked up and caught up in the "what if's,"  that brought potential for a long night in the Ange house! 

We had a different girl do the ultrasound this time and Gray and I were so glad!  When she started telling me parts of Nolan she was seeing I said, "so, you'll talk to us?"  (the last girl wouldn't speak to us during the ultrasound).  She said she had no problems telling us what she was seeing.  It was so fun because she looks in-depth at so much!  She magnified different parts of his little body and he looked (on the screen) like any other baby I've seen, he seemed so big!  She told us that he is weighing 1 pound, 12 ounces which is in the 40th percentile and that is normal!  I've had it in my mind that I will have a little baby because he's not getting as much nutrients as he could but after today I don't think that will be the case!  We got to see a close up of his profile and she froze the screen and printed us a copy, it's adorable!  He looks so sweet!  (I'm hoping to scan that picture and put it on here)  She looked at his heart very well and according to the Dr. there is nothing to be worried about right now with his heart, blood flow looked great and we saw all 4 chambers hard at work.  The ultrasound tech made the comment, "it's not everyday you get to see a working heart close up."  Which is so true, what a blessing!  The only thing she said that surprised me was that his legs are measuring short...did she see us walk in?!  She said she was pretty sure he'd hit a growth spurt soon and those legs will grow, my mom told me both of my brothers had "average" legs when they were born so I guess there's not much to that one! 

I made the mistake of going to Burger King for french toast sticks before my appointment.  Lets just say, Nolan likes french toast sticks....when he is here, he probably won't get those too much!  The little guy was moving like crazy!  The tech had a hard time getting some measurements that she needed because he wouldn't be still long enough for her to get him.  We laughed about it but I did feel a little guilty about it!  When the Dr. came in he said, "I hear we have a mover in here!"  Nolan has built quite the reputation for himself! 

Both times we have been to the ROC I have left with a smile on my face which I know many women will not get the same good news we have received there!  The Dr. said he would see me again in 6 weeks just to make sure Nolan is still looking good and when we come back as long as he looks good he won't need to see me again! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great Nolan update!

    I’m surprised myself about the "short" legs, even though he still has lots of growing to do….even so I'm not sure Nolan has any choice considering his gene pool! (“…did she see us walk in?!” that cracked me up!!)

    Can't wait to see his profile picture, I'm sure he is absolutely adorable; once again, blame that on his gene pool!!

    ReplyDelete