Thursday, January 6, 2011

IT'S A BOY...Nolan actually.

It's almost four months away but it still seems like eternity.  Sara and I are so excited about meeting Little Nolz.  He has started to move on a regular basis, only enough that Sara can feel him.  Just the thought of getting to feel him throw and slide in Sara's belly makes me really excited (yes, throw and slide....Nolan's not big on soccer). 

Today I was reminded over and over by a co-worker the struggles of having a child.  "You are in for a rude awakening", "Enjoy your free time while you have it".  I have to confess, it was a little annoying.  Not to discredit or minimize the certainty of many sleepless nights, constant crying, and the unbearable smells (my ultimate challenge), but I feel that this baby boy is truly a blessing and can't imagine a more exiting challenge.  So, can I say I'm completely confident and prepared for Nolz's arrival? No I can't.  I can say I feel that the Lord has given me the awesome responsibility of loving and teaching one of His own.  And what better person to share this task with then my beautiful bride. 

As long as I take the responsibility seriously and search for truth and direction for the CREATOR of our Baby Nolan, then what's there to fear?  Recently, I finished up the Book Of Luke.  What a great historical book to read before having a little boy.  John (the baptist) and Jesus births where such miracles of God.  The lives they lived, the people they impacted......so inspiring.  And of course, Jesus life......just amazing!  I really come to understand the blessing that a child gives its parents.  I believe, at least in my case, that we can take children for granted and not see that it's truly a miracle.  I'm truly thankful for the reason I have to write this blog.  Lord, you are amazing!     

No comments:

Post a Comment