Monday, January 17, 2011

23 Weeks

I just finished my 23rd week of pregnancy!  This was a great week and I'm feeling more in "baby mode" now!  We had a week off of school because of the snow, so I did a lot of online searching and looking around in stores (once we could leave the house)!  Gray and I decided we might as well register since we had the time off and I had been looking at lots of stuff online anyway.  Let me just say, registering was really fun but also a wake up call!  Babies are expensive!! I mean, I knew that going in but come on!  I'm sure there are ways we can cut corners on certain things but we also want to get items that will last the 1st time around so that (God willing) we have another baby we won't have to buy too much new stuff! 

We started our registry at Target and scanned some of the basic items.  We went to Babies R Us and I think 2 stores in 1 day for Gray and I was overload!  It just seemed so overwhelming!  We ended up running into some old friends from Lee at BRU and talked to them for a while.  By the time we parted ways from them I knew I had to scan a few items....so I scanned 9 items and turned in the scanner.  The lady working the registry counter was less than thrilled that I didn't take her advice of scanning at least 250 items, yep....250 items....are you kidding me?  That was crazy!  While I know only scanning 9 was un-productive we were over it.  We both ended up sitting in the glidders (we didn't even "try out" the gliders), we sat in 1 until we decided it was time to leave!  I got home and added some stuff online and I'm feeling like I have a decent grasp on what we "need."  I feel like there are so many things that we will just have to see about when Nolan gets here but I picked things out and hopefully they will work (but I will be saving boxes and receipts as much as I can just in case!) 

Thinking about the week, it seemed pretty uneventful since we didn't work but I am so glad that we had the time to go and register and we really enjoyed it!  The other night Gray said, "I love this guy and I don't even know him yet!"  That pretty much sums it up!

Here's my 23 week picture, I tried to wear a tighter shirt just for you Em! :) 


1 comment:

  1. SO Cute Sarah!!! Can't wait to see what you picked out on your registry :) Love you Fiver

    ReplyDelete