Thursday, March 10, 2011

Seriously.

Looking like a fool with your:
  • dog in the chair
  • retainers on the sink (x2 since we both listen to our orthodontist)
  • dirty dishes in the kitchen
  • bra in the bathroom
  • carpets not vacumned
  • stinky trash in the kitchen
Yep, this would sum up the house showing we had this week!!  I got a text at work at 2:07 that someone wanted to see our house between 2:30-3:30 that day.  I called the realtor's office freaking out because Ross was at home and I knew I left the house in NO shape for people to be viewing it.  I explained our situation to our realtor and she called the showing agent and of course "this is the only time they can come."  So, they come.  To my embarassment.  Really.

A few things to note:  Yes, I know we have a lock box on our door which lends our house to showings whenever.  It was POURING down rain all day, I just knew when I left the house no one in their right mind would be out looking at houses on a day like this one!  I worked until 6:30 the 2 nights before and the night before we went to an FCA banquet and I didn't get home until 9 because I went straight from work to the banquet.  I was exhausted and barely threw myself into bed the night before only to get up and do it all again the next day.  Have I given enough excuses why I should be ok with the list of mortifying things?

Gray and I pretty much know we sealed our fate on this one.  We haven't heard anything back (which isn't totally shocking or an indicator either way).  All I could do was laugh as I walked through the house and saw all that we had left out and not done.  On the other hand, every other showing we have busted our tails to have the perfect "no one really lives here house" and have seen no fruit from that.  I guess we showed them!  For real though, lesson learned....I will be putting my unmentionables away every morning before I leave for work! :)

3 comments:

  1. That post seriously made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, same here!! Though I can't help but feel REALLY bad for you both....could you be any busier?! Wait. Don't answer that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude. i'm going to be singing that song all flippin day!

    I'm glad you can laugh about it!

    ReplyDelete