Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Excited!!

I have a big week this week and so much excitement, I can't even tell you!!  I am officially 32 weeks pregnant this week, 8 months pregnant!  When I was telling my mom this she said that couldn't be right because I have more than 4 weeks left of pregnancy.  Well, this is just a mean trick....you're really pregnant for 10 months not 9 people!  I thought I could blame it on Obama, but I heard this before he was President!  So, only 8 weeks to go, how weird/scary is that?  It is VERY exciting but the reality is pretty overwhelming, I still don't think I've come to terms with all the changes.  I know the changes are wonderful changes but it's going to be an adjustment.  An adjustment that I have prayed for and God has prepared me for but an adjustment none the less.  I can't wait to see Nolan and just hold him!

Last week we went back to the high risk dr's and saw the best dr. yet!  He was funny, intelligent and related well to us.  Obviously, I want a dr that is knowledgeable about what is going on with our baby but "bedside manner" is huge to me and this man had it all!  Basically, he said Nolan looked great and he didn't have any major concerns!  Awesome!  Nolan is weighing in at 3 lbs and 10 oz, growing like crazy!  He said if I wanted to continue to see him I could, but he was fine to release me to Dr. Newman that he has worked with her a lot and had full confidence in her.  I have no problem finishing out with Dr. Newman.  The only catch is that he said I will have to come in 2x per week until the end of the pregnancy to have a stress test done on Nolan just as a precaution.  Some babies with the 2 vessel cord decline in the final weeks so he wants to be sure we keep a close eye on him.  Again, he has no worries or concerns with Nolan specifically, just being cautious.  I am fine with cautious, it is going to pose a dilema with work because my school is a good 45 minute drive from the Dr's office but thankfully I work with great people and they will work with me however I need them to.  I am very fortunate!

My mom comes on Thursday and I can hardly wait! When I saw her at Christmas I was showing some but not really feeling Nolan move and she definitely couldn't feel him move.  I told her the other day I can't wait for her just to sit next to me and feel him moving!  We have a deal that the weekend will be titled:  ANAW!!  It stands for All Nolan All Weekend!! I told her to get ready, it's baby mode time!  Of course, she is just as excited as I am!  I will report about all of the events after the weekend wraps up! 

What is going to keep me from sleeping tonight is the outcome of our Maternity Pics that my awesome friend Holly finished and posted today!  They are SO AMAZING!  I just love them and can't quit looking at them!  A while back I had asked Holly to do the pics and she graciously agreed and I had mentioned I would love to have them taken on the Lee University campus since that's where "it all began."  I am so thrilled and just honored that Holly took the time to give us an amazing memory!  Thank you Holly, you're the best!!  (Click on her link to go directly to her blog to check out the pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment