Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

This year our Valentine's plans were to go eat at Holly's moms house for dinner with Holly and her husband Eric.  Dianne (Holly's mom) is in close competition with Paula Dean so when she offered to make the guys salmon patties and Holly and I chicken fingers we took her up on the offer!  We have been married 6 1/2 years we are no fools to pass on an amazing meal (and the price was right)!  The only bummer is that Eric got sick on Valentine's so we didn't end up going.  The smart thing would've been to stay home, make dinner...any other Monday night.  Do the Ange's do the smart thing?  NO! 

Monday afternoon Gray came by my office and I was telling him about Eric being sick and someone in my office had just been talking about Outback.  We decided if we went early, we should be able to get in quickly and eat! We were in a rush to go so I didn't take any pictures of us.  Not cool.  We went to Outback only waited 20 minutes (Gray did call ahead) and had a great dinner!  It was nice to go out and we really enjoyed the time together!  Gray surprised me with a small gift, a gift card to Burger King!!  My man knows my craving right now and a plain, chicken sandwich from BK is at the top of that list!  I hadn't been to BK in years before now and not that I go all the time now (if only one was closer to where we lived....) but it always sounds amazing!  I have to believe that Nolan is going to take after his cousin Hunter and LOVE Burger King! 

After Outback, we went to Babies R Us and got Nolan's Valentine's present....we ordered his crib!  We have been looking for a while and found one we liked (while utilizing a 25% off offer) so we got a decent deal on a nice crib that better last us a while!  It won't come in for a little while but I'm excited to have that decision out of the way, Happy Valentine's Nolan! 

I did take a picture of myself in the mirror (while waiting for Gray to get home before Outback).  I mainly took it because my brother Eric has been asking me to send him a picture so I wanted one to send him.  Now, this is my only picture to document Valentine's Day so I have to share.  I swore I would never be like the teenage kids at school and do the old mirror picture then post online (at least I'm not putting it on facebook, saving some dignity here)! 





 

2 comments:

  1. I can just see it, 5-6 years from now, Hunter will drive down for a visit, luggage and Burger King in hand!

    You're as beautiful as ever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing is better than a good angles pic! you look beautiful...and i think your BK craving is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete