Friday, February 18, 2011

E.F.M.

Today my dad, Edward Francis McAllister would have turned 61.  61 is not that old.  I miss my dad a lot but I've really thought about him a lot today and missed him!  Since I went away to college (and after) when I would send my dad a card or something I would address it to Edward Francis McAllister.  He really didn't like the name Francis which is kind of why I did it.  :)  He would often call me by my full name as well.  It's the simple things that I really miss! 

Throughout my pregnancy I have missed him so much, it's sad to know that Nolan will never know my dad.  I know that both of my parents were eager to be grandparents, but my dad made it a point to ask me just about every time I saw him (after I got married) when I thought we would have kids.  He asked me specific questions about us waiting to have kids, would I stay home or try to work....looking back now I'm glad we had those conversations!  He would be so proud and excited I know!  

Early on I told Gray that if we had a boy I would like to use the middle name Edward in honor of my dad.  So, Nolan's name is Nolan Edward.  I hope to share lots of pictures and stories of my dad with Nolan Edward one day!

There's a lot more I would love to write and share about my dad but it just seems too raw today.  Simply stated, I just miss him! 

1 comment:

  1. Old Ed would be so excited about Nolan! I am so glad to know that Nolan will know all the crazy and funny stories you have shared with me about Ed! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete