Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Getting Started

I am 13 1/2 weeks pregnant and we are confident we are meeting this baby in May!  I wanted documentation for myself of my pregnancy and this wild year we have coming up!  I am not always the best of writers so stick with me!  (I'm really funny in person though!)  :)

Gray and I have prayed for this baby and we are ecstatic about this pregnancy!  After having 2 miscarriages I really doubted my ability to get pregnant and meet the sweet little baby in 9 months!  Thankfully, God knew what he was doing and he gave me time to spend with Him to heal my heart before this pregnancy began.  I tried my best to not get bitter towards people who were pregnant but it was hard to see people walk through the stages of pregnancy knowing mine should've been the same.  I had excellent reasons why I should've gotten pregnant every month that I didn't; some months were more disappointing than others.  Gray and I even spent a weekend at the Billy Graham Center this summer for an FCA Couples Retreat....my joke is, "if you can't conceive at the Billy Graham Center....where are you going to conceive?!"  Isn't that holy ground or something?  We got on our knees in the prayer chapel and prayed that God would give us the family we had hoped and prayed for.  We both felt peaceful when we left but it was still hard when I knew that wasn't the month for our baby.  I know I won't forget the journey we have been on and the heartache we have experienced; but I am so hoping that I can breathe easier throughout this pregnancy and enjoy this baby!

We took a picture the day we found out we were pregnant again, but other than that no belly pictures to speak of!  I was so nervous to let myself get excited, I need to start documenting this baby and living each day as a mom!  (great advice from a friend!)

Here's to Jr-Jr and meeting him or her in May!!  (I know this pic is rough, but when you're hesitant...you take 1 picture and move on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment